Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Serving ~ Fry Bread easy Substitute

Here is another, late by a day Saturday Serving.

Who out there LOVES fry bread?
I am a huge fan!


Our family usually takes the long route and bakes a batch of bread in the bread maker then rips off parts and deep fries them then smothers them in syrup and butter. What is your favorite way to eat it?

As you may know there are hundreds of thousands of ways to have it.

I had a hankerin' for it the other day and I did not have the ingredients for it so I just tried a little somethin'.
I must say the result is of course not the same as the mouthwatering goodness of the real thing, but it fed my need in the moment.


Just pop open a can of biscuits


Fry them up in a bit of oil. You need to keep smashing them down so they don't rise.


Smother with butter and syrup. 


I found this cool little deal when I was looking around for stuff.

Wouldn't this be awesome to have fried bread on a stick and dip it in syrup!!!

Here is a yummy recipie if your so inclied as well.





XOXO ~ Nikki


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the ideas for eating bread. It looks yummy. I like bannock bread but have never made it before . These tips look fairly easy for someone like me who doesn't like to cook. I'm coming from pink dandy sunday blog hop btw . Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so yummy I may have to try it!
    I am following from the Pink Dandy Sunday blog hop. Please visit me and follow back at http://debbiedoescoupons.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you from the Pink Dandy Chatter blog hop. Have a great week ahead!
    Best,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks SO yummy! I didn't know that you could do it that way! That's WAY easier! cool!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never had this, but it looks completely addicting! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nikki! Fried bread on a stick sounds like something i would dig:) ha ha.. I am now following you thanks to Making Friends Monday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
    Oh and don't forget to stop by today because we continue with our Show Yo' Flow Campaign, and you don't want to miss the interview we have on Stefanie and the amazing surprises she has for our readers:) See you there! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the canned biscuit idea. I grew up on fried bread with eggs for breakfast. My husband is like uh, no thanks. Cool more for me!
    http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never have I had fry bread but we make doughnuts with canned biscuits. By cutting a hole in the middle and frying it like you did, then dipping it in cinnamon and sugar! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bread is life and I love bread! Syrup must be the heaven part! Looks so good! I'm a new follower from Remodelholic. I'd love for you to follow back.
    Thanks for the recipes! You have a great blog!
    Nancy @ funwithnancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete